Follow Me On Pinterest justwritedesign - Julie
Subscribe
Subscribe by Email
Loading
Archives
Categories
Share

Posts Tagged ‘tutorial’


A big congrats to Leslie, the newest Featured Stamper (FS720) on Splitcoast! She has such a wonderful gallery & I chose THIS card to case. I kept the snowman & snowflakes but I used different images & dies & made a special window opening for my snowman. I also added a greeting.

For my snowman, after coloring & cutting him out, I wanted to try a little something extra for the window I wanted to put him into. I took a smallish rectangle die but cut it on an angle & not all the way to the bottom (see the pics below for step by step).


I wanted a stitched & curved border so this is how I did that.

And the back side. The die is placed UNDER the sides so it won’t cut those.


That worked really well! I cut another small piece of stitched hill & attached it behind this one. Then I had the (not so) brilliant idea to add the little zigzag frame. I like it, but you can’t really tell what I did w/ the angled cut now. Oh well! And then I dropped the BG10 marker on the frame, so I colored the whole thing w/ it. That part actually worked…now it shows up better. The snowman was popped up a bit & a small piece of snowflake paper was added behind him. Then the greeting was added & the snowflakes were stamped w/ the pale aqua ink.



Here are the Copics I used on Mr. Snowman.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

 

Supplies:

Stamps: Rubbernecker Stamps: Snowmen w/ Presents
Paper:  Staples 110# white, dp (Crate Paper -Snow & Cocoa)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Rubbernecker Stamps Color Fuse ink set #9
Accessories:  Rubbernecker Stamps: Rectangle Stitch,Snowmen w/ Presents, Borders 3 , Rectangle Combo #4  dies, Crossover II, Copic Sketch Markers, MISTI


For the Splitcoast Inspiration Challenge (IC772), we’re headed to Soft Surroundings. They have a lot of really lovely items & for my card I was inspired by the colors in THIS dress.

I did some slightly tricky die cutting for the angled topper & since I’ve had questions about my resizing technique w/ dies, I took some extra pics to help explain it. The angled die I used on the edge is actually sized for an A2 card so I had to partially die cut the Fall Slimline image w/ the next largest size stitched slimline die. Then I had to cut the lower edge & extend the shorter length of the border die. This is how I did the first cut. (Click on any pic to make it larger)

You’ll see I only cut the top 3/4 of the die, not cutting the lower 1/4 at all.

I used the actual angled die & a ruler to extend the line where I want to cut. A red pencil was used to make it visible here.

I used the smaller top plate to make first cut.

You can see the first cut more clearly here. Only the right side is cut.

Now I line up the die along the remaining left side making sure to line up the stitch lines on the die.

Now it’s flipped back over & ready to cut.

All finished. Just have to erase the pencil & color it in.

You may notice that my colored in panel looks longer on the left than it did when I was cutting it. After I finished coloring & started to assemble my card, I realized it looked better a little longer, so I cut a bit more of the leftover, then stamped the acorn again & fussy cut it. This bg is so busy that w/ the acorn on top, you can’t even see where the cut was. I added a narrow white cut border under it, then attached it to my blue bg.
Here are the Copics I used.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Stamps: Rubbernecker Stamps:  Splatter Leaves,  Slimline Fall
Paper:  Staples 110# white, goldenrod, sky blue
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Accessories:  Rubbernecker Stamps: Slimline Nested Stitch,Splatter Leaves, Borders 2  dies, Copic Sketch Markers


Such wonderful fence murals we have to chose from for the Splitcoast Inspiration Challenge (IC767)! I chose THIS fence for the lovely fall colors.

I also have a couple of extra pics to show you how I did this & a little hint on how to make it easier.

Before I made this card, I made a copy paper version of it in order to work out the logistics. I die cut the 2 layers out of paper & used temporary adhesive to stick them together. Then I put this sandwich into my Misti & inked the different layers of leaf stems w/ the Color Fuse inks. Each branch was stamped twice..once w/ the top layer in place, then I removed the smaller top layer & stamped it again. To make this easy to match up the layers, I drew a small corner reference on the lower right corner below the top layer w/ a pencil. So when I put it back to stamp the next branch, I could line it up easily. The reason I stamped the bottom layer as well as the top is so I wouldn’t have any blank spots showing thru when I popped up the top layer.

These are the 2 layers broken apart. I could also see that I would have to stamp the greeting first & mask it so the last 2 stems wouldn’t overlap it.

Since I had worked it all out on a paper version, the real version went very fast & no mistakes! I added a rust layer under the top part & elevated it w/ fun foam.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

Supplies:

Stamps: Rubbernecker Stamps: Autumn Harvest
Paper:  Staples 110# white, rust, autumn gold
Ink: Rubbernecker Stamps: Color Fuse inks set #1, set #2, set #3, set #4
Accessories:  Rubbernecker Stamps: Slimline Nested Stitch dies, Crossover II