Follow Me On Pinterest justwritedesign - Julie
Subscribe by Email
Loading
Archives
Categories

Posts Tagged ‘bleach’


It’s my honor to host the Splitcoast Featured Stamper Challenge (FS715) & a big congrats to Marianne! She has a lovely gallery & I chose THIS card to case. I kept the overall floral w/ the greeting on top, but I used different images & colors & instead of coloring the flowers, I colored the bg & bleached the flowers.

I started by sponging a white bg, with greens from the top down & pinks from the bottom up. When I’m using two opposite colors like this, I usually leave a very pale to mostly white area in the middle so I don’t end up w/ an ugly color. After stamping the floral bg image on top, I used a tiny, synthetic paint brush & bleach to remove color from the flowers & few of the leaves. If you try this, make sure your brush is synthetic because bleach will totally destroy natural hair brushes. It was die cut twice, using the largest & next smaller stitched rectangle dies. The white half scallop layer was inserted in between, then attached to the card front. The 4 part layered rose was stamped w/ the same pink & green inks & die cut. The rose & greeting are popped up on fun foam.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

Supplies:

Stamps: Rubbernecker Stamps: Just Because, Flowering Vine Bg
Paper:  Staples 110# white
Ink: Memento tuxedo black,  Rubbernecker Color Fuse inksset #1set #4,set #11, Versaclair Nocturne
Accessories:  Rubbernecker Stamps:Just Because ,Rectangle Stitch,Nested Scallop w/ Half Holes dies, bleach, small synthetic paintbrush


A big congrats to Denise, the newest Featured Stamper (FS579) on Splitcoast! She has a lovely little gallery & I chose THIS to case. I love the vibrant blue so I kept I kept that & most of the layout. I used different images, turned it horizontal & moved the greeting,
This is also for the Ways to Use It Challenge (WT678), to use bleach. I actually love using bleach on card stock…w/ all the different brands & colors, you never know exactly what you’ll get. For this, I stamped this southwest pot image w/ bleach onto the cobalt blue c/s. I was pleasantly surprised to see it turned a lovely turquoise color when bleached. The strip on the side was simply sprayed w/ bleach. After fussy cutting the pot, I used a lg bg die to emboss the turquoise panels then added a double stitched circle frame & some sequins & strips of paper for grasses. 

Here’s a look at the inside.

Just for grins, I sprayed a bunch of different colors of c/s  to see what bleach would do. Here are my results. (Click any pic to enlarge. If there’s a solid piece next to it, that was the original color.)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

Stamps: Inkadinkado – SW Pot, The Stamps of Life – Mini Banners to Cut 2 (inside- MFT -Meant to Sparkle)
Paper:  Staples 110# white, cobalt blue, turquoise
Ink:   SU brilliant blue
Accessories:  Misti, ODBD double stitched rectangles, double stitched circles, Boho Bg  dies, Lil’ Inker Designs stitched rectangle dies, bleach, sequins

Julie Warner – https://thewritestuff.justwritedesigns.com
Weekly-Favorite
Welcome to Pt. 2 of the May Challenge for Serendipity Stamps! This month the challenge is Flowers…stamped, die cut, designer paper, dried…whatever you have.  The sale at Serendipity Stamps this week is Buy 3, Get the 4th Free..  Good through 5/28.  And as always, we have a  have a gift certificate up for grabs to a random player.

For the design team, we have the added challenge of using a resist technique.
SS Button_design team_res


Julie Warner – https://thewritestuff.justwritedesigns.com I chose a morphed version of embossing resist. Morphed because I also added the twist of bleach. Most of the time I’ll white emboss the image when I’m doing emboss resist, but it just didn’t work very well with this geranium image. So I black embossed it on water color paper. A note about the paper…this isn’t the good stuff…it’s water color paper from the kid’s art supply section. I’ve found when I’m embossing, it does a better job than the good stuff. It’s smoother and not as heavy but it still stands up to water very well. After embossing, I used a combination of techniques. I added color all over w/ a large paint brush, water & some dye reinkers. To make it a little more intense, I also sponged on some extra colors using two Kaleidacolor ink pads. I also splattered a bit here and there then wet it down a bit to soften the splatter. Now for the twist..I took a tiny acrylic paintbrush dipped in bleach and bleached some color back out inside the flowers & leaves. The embossed lines kept the bleach from traveling. If you try this, you must use an acrylic paintbrush…the bleach will totally eat up the natural hair bristles. To further define the image, I added a hint of shadow using a red Copic & a green Copic below the flowers & leaves.

After die cutting the panel, I added a slightly larger, fussy cut black layer. Black die cut elements were added to the corners on the white layer. After matting this on black, I attached it back on top of the original water color bg the image was cut from. The die cut Hello was also shadowed in black. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please be sure to visit all the team blogs to be entered to win! 
Julie2 sig

 

 

Supplies:

Stamps: Serendipity Stamps Lg Geranium 1112J
Paper: X-Press It white, black, water color paper (kid’s art supply section)
Ink:  Versfine onyx,  Kaleidacolor melon melody & desert heat
Accessories:  Serendipity Hello die 027DD, Serendipity Floral Frame die 022RD, Copic markers, Spellbinders matting basics A & B, Labels 28 dies, bleach, tiny acrylic paintbrush, dye reinkers, black embossing powder