Archive for the ‘Hints & Tips’ Category
A big CONGRATS to Doni, the newest Featured Stamper (FS364) on Splitcoast! What a fantabulous gallery she has and I wish I could do CAS (clean & simple) as well as Doni. Believe it or not, I cased THIS card of hers. I loved the image cut out and on top of the pennant flag. Well, we all know how “stuff” happens…and it morphed. I kept the flag but since I turned it sideways I had to move the image more off of the flag to keep it balanced. I also changed the colors and added sequins, just ’cause.
After stamping the Joy in a Jar image once on white and again on a dotted yellow piece of dp, I die cut the white image and used a 1″ circle punch for the yellow circle and a die for the navy circle. The apothecary jar was also stamped onto navy (very hard to see here), die cut w/ the matching die and the label was added on top. Some narrow white ribbon was colored w/ yellow Copics and added to the jar. HINT: I also used a Prussian blue Copic marker to color a few lt blue sequins to match (it works!). The flag was die cut and the little narrow yellow strip is a cut off piece (the paper is double sided) so I placed it across the flag and added a fussy cut little image. The finished card is 5.50 x 4.25.
|Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs – Apothecary Bottles, Joy in a Jar
|Paper: Neenah white, navy, butter yellow, dp (Teresa Collins- Everyday Moments)|
|Ink: Ancient Page indigo|
|Accessories: ODBD Apothecary Bottles dies, ODBD Antique Label dies, , yellow & Prussian blue Copic markers, ribbon, sequins|
Time for another cool sketch!
It’ll make your flower image pop!
Wait, there’s more…
LOVE FREE STAMPS? Be sure to visit the ISC Blog
to enter and you might win!
1 FREE ISC Sheet of choice!
Easy, create a card using ISC stamps only.
Enter your link in the Mister Link Box you’ll find thereÂ by Sunday July 12th.
For my card, I stamped a flower from the Flowers & Elements sheet three timesÂ on white c/s using cobalt ink.Â On one, I first cut out the center then stamped the flower words across the petals using cardinal ink. On the second, I cut out just the inner circle and colored it w/ glitter gel pens. The third flower was cut entirely cut out.Â Some of the petals w/ the red words were cut out and layered on the complete flower. Then the two centers were stacked on top using foam tape. I added some highlights to the flower petals w/ a clear glitter gel pen.
For the white stamped band, I cut out a wavy line using mini pinking scissors and stamped the stars from the Memories of Patriotism sheet. The words were stamped in the center from the Mini book Be Thankful sheet.Â (Hint: since these are unmounted stamps and I use repositionable glue on the back, I can easily shape the straight lines into curves on the acrylic block.)
On the brilliant blueÂ background, I stamped the Background Series Mini Specks w/ the cobalt ink to give it a little texture. Three narrow strips were dotted w/ a white gel pen and matted w/ white. The remaining red, white and blue layers were added as shown.
Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the ISC blog and enter.
stamps: Innovative Stamp Creations
paper: white, real red, brilliant blue
ink: Ancient Page cobalt, cardinal
accessories: foam tape, red & clear glitter gel pens (Sakura), mini pinking scissors, large white brad, white gel pen (Sakura)
This is for Sunday’s Featured Stamper at SCS. Again, I’m using the Joy of Nature set from FireCracker Designs. The tree image was stamped first with the library green ink, then I used a stamp postioner, masked off the area below the tree and stamped it again using the Kpad. The edges were sponged with colors from the Kpad.
For the background, I made my own polka dot stamp using the leftover rubber pieces from trimming the Joy of Nature set. This picture shows the finished result. I used my Japanese screw punch with a 4 mm bit to punch out little circles of the rubber. I attached these in an offset pattern with rubber cement to a clear piece of plastic. (My piece of plastic is half of the case that the small Sizzix dies comes in.) Just for good measure, I made a single dot stamp and glued it to the clear top of a spray bottle. That way I can see where to stamp it! The stamped piece behind them is what my stamp looks like using the Kpad.
After I stamped the dots, I used a crumpled up piece of paper to stamp the distress lines all over the background. Then I sponged inks from the Kpad. I did the band in a similar manner, except I used the Cuttlebug forest branches embossing folder on it, then used the green ink to highlight the raised areas.
Images: Joy of Nature set from FireCracker Designs by Pamela
Inks: Archival Library Green (Ranger), Kaleidacolor Creole Spice (Tsukineko)
Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder
Nestabilities Scalloped Rectangle & Scalloped Oval sets