Archive for January, 2011
Fun challenges at Splitcoast this week! I’ve been working on the sketch (SC317) off and on since Wed. and when I saw today’s challenge (F4A49) to use a warm color and something fuzzy, I thought it would be perfect to use my sparkle n soft on some of the butterflies and the color is definitely warm…even red hot, lol!
All images, glitters and adhesives are from Sparkle N Sprinkle.For my musical themed Valentine, I stamped the music label then die cut it w/ the coordinating Spellbinders labels 13. I stamped the sentiment and die cut it w/ a classic oval die (fits inside perfectly!). I stamped part of the flourish w/ a glue pad onto the front left of a 4.25 x 5.5 vanilla card, then sprinkled it w/ the fire engine glitter.
I applied the dbl sided tape to c/s, punched the smaller butterflies and sprinkled w/ either glitter or the sparkle n soft (like flower soft w/ glitter). I coated a wide strip of the tape coated c/s w/ the tomato red tinsel glitter.
The lower edge of the black panel was punched and I used a cream marker to doodle around the edge. On the horizontal band, I stamped the music flourish and added some red w/ a marker.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
stamps: Sparkle N Sprinkle – Music Labels set 424
paper: vanilla, black
ink: Ancient Page coal, Tsukineko glue pad
accessories: Spellbinders labels 13 & classic oval dies, fire engine red glitter, cherry sparkle n soft, tomato red glitter tinsel, Martha Stewart multi butterfly punch & shell border punch, 1/2 dbl sided tacky tape, red Permapaque marker, Tombow red marker, Marvy cream marker
What an interesting color challenge (CC307) at Splitcoast! I wasn’t sure I’d like these colors, but they’re growing on me. I wanted to use a purple c/s, but I don’t have eggplant, so I used the black and layered it w/ lavender. I used the eggplant, suede, red and a little green (for some reason I had it in my head that artichoke was one of the colors) for the colors in my butterflies.
All images are Our Daily Bread designs. For my bg, I stamped the lg butterfly bg image w/ the white chalk ink and did what I think is close to the Black Magic tech. I actually learned this tech around 1999 or 2000 in a class I took from Helene Metievier (from Magenta Rubber Stamps). I don’t think it had a name then and Helene used pigment ink, but the chalk works just fine and it dries much faster.
After I stamped the bg, I used the Prismacolor pencils to color over the solid white images. It may look like I made a lot of layers of this bg, but it was actually only one 5.25 x 4 pc. I cut it into 2 frames w/ lavender layers in between. On both of the layers, I made a faux layer by drawing a frame w/ a white marker.
The large butterfly was stamped on white w/ black ink, colored w/ the Prismas and die cut using the matching ODBD butterfly die. The sentiment was stamped on the lavender and die cut w/ a Spellbinders diamond shape. A few curled strips were added for the butterfly tail.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
stamps: ODBD – Lg Butterfly Bg, Single Butterfly, Faith, Brocade Borders
paper: black, lavender
ink: Ancient Page coal, VersaMagic cloud white chalk
accessories: Prismacolor pencils, Spellbinders classic diamond die, white Permapaque marker