Follow Me On Pinterest
Subscribe
Subscribe by Email
Archives
Categories

Posts Tagged ‘Blockheads’

Poppy Sketch cu 06123
Weekly-Favorite
The sketch today on Splitcoast (SC535) seemed pretty easy and digging through my stash of stuff, I came across this poppy. It was already stamped on a watercolor background and I thought it might work out for the sketch. I did use a water brush to “lift” a bit of the color in areas on the poppy for highlights. I just think it adds a bit more depth to the image. 

Poppy Sketch 6125
I die cut it with a mega oval then decided I wanted it a little smaller, but in order to make it smaller I had to do a little out of the box with it. After adding a black mat, I thought it looked a little too small, lol. So I attached it back on top of the layer I cut it out of originally. For the divided background panel, mine is not actually 2 panels..just one panel divided by a black strip. Down the left side, I die cut the grid and added some of the leftover water color pieces. On the right, I embossed it w/ a cherry blossom folder and used little punched circles for the centers. Since there isn’t a lot of space left, I didn’t add a greeting.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Julie2 sig

Supplies:

Stamps: Blockheads – lg Poppy
Paper: Neenah white, water color
Ink: Versafine onyx, various dye reinkers used for water color background
Accessories: Spellbinders A2 matting basics A & B, mega oval dies,  Impression Obsession grid die #172-1, small hole punch, Darice cherry blossom embossing folder

 

Pin It

Julie Warner - thewritestuff.justwritedesigns.com

I made this for Joanne’s fabulous Dare to Get Dirty 2012 Challenge! Check out all the Challenge details here: DTGD12Basilefamily. For my colorful card, I started by making a background on water color paper with Peerless water colors. The colors were put down in a random, almost haphazard way and when it dried, I picked an area and stamped this wonderful Poppy image (Blockheads) with black ink. I was going to leave it w/ the background, but it didn’t stand out enough, so I ended up fussy cutting it and attaching it to a white die cut panel. After figuring out where the poppy would be, I stamped just the word “poppy” onto the white bg. The layer behind it more of the plain water color bg, then another white layer. For the final water color bg, I stamped a few of the different poppy images from the set before die cutting it. I added a bright pink bow and my 4.25 x 5.50 card was finished.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a chance to play in the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges this week. Lots of fun, inspiration, chatter and PRIZES!

Supplies:

Stamps: Blockheads – lg Poppy, Poppy strips
Paper: Neenah white, water color
Ink: Ancient Page coal
Accessories: Spellbinders sm & llg Labels 4 dies, Peerless water colors

 

Pin It
October 2017
S M T W T F S
« Sep    
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031